The International Congress of Zoology invites all interested parties to submit an abstract for the 2021 meeting to be held from 21 – 26 November in Cape Town, South Africa. Please follow the guidelines for abstract submission as stipulated below. Any queries can be directed to Joanne@confco.co.za.
All current accepted abstract submission/s which were made for 2020 will be carried over for the 2021 Congress unless otherwise notified.
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
- Abstract submission is open.
- The deadline for abstract submissions is Tuesday, 15 June 2021.
- Abstracts can be submitted under the following central themes: Climate Change, Urban Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation, Threats in the Anthropocene, Water: Implications of Water Scarcity and Water Pollution on Human and Animal life, or, under the specific proposed sessions/workshops.
- Abstracts should be submitted online
- PRESENTATION TYPES:
- An abstract can be submitted for an oral presentation or a poster presentation.
- Oral presentations are limited to 20 minutes (15 minutes presentation and 5 minutes for questions/discussion).
- Oral presentations should be in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
- Poster presentations should adhere to the following specifications:
- Portrait orientation with full title, list of authors and their affiliations clearly indicated.
- Maximum size: A1 paper size (594 x 841 mm).
- Please note that it will not be possible to print posters on-site.
- Please note that the Academic Committee retains the right to change the presentation type and the placement of a presentation on the academic programme.
- ABSTRACT FORMAT:
- An abstract should be submitted as a single paragraph, no more than 300 words.
- Abstracts should be written in English.
- The abstract should contain a brief outline of:
- The aims/objectives of the study;
- The methodology followed to achieve these aims/objectives;
- The key findings/results obtained;
- Conclusions derived from the results.
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the abstract is submitted free of errors.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE/DECLINE OF ABSTRACTS:
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the Academic Committee.
- Notification of provisional acceptance will be sent to the corresponding author on or before end of February 2021.
- Accepted presentations will be subject to online registration and receipt of full payment of the registration fee.
The presenting author’s name must be underlined on the poster or on the title slide of PowerPoint presentation.
Any change to the presenting author must be communicated to Joanne@confco.co.za.